2015-2016 Transportation Information Form- Please complete the form to notify CMS Transportation Department of a change to your child's AM or PM ride status for the 2015-2016 school year.
2015-2016 Alternate Stop Request Form - Please fill out this form to notify the CMS Transportation Department that your child (or children) will need transportation to a daycare center or facility for the 2015-2016 school year. Please refer to the 2014-2015 daycare center or facility list provided below to see if your school is elgible for daycare service. Please note that transportation to alternative stops (e.g. daycare centers, etc.) do not automatically carry over from one school year to the next. These stops must be requested each year.
2015-2016 Unsafe Stop Request Form- Please fill out this form to notify the CMS Transportation Department of an unsafe stop.
The 2015-2016 Daycare List is not a complete listing of daycare centers within a school-attendance boundary. If the daycare center is located within your school-attendance boundary, you can request an alternate stop at that location. Please select this form and scroll down to your child's school for more information. Please call 980-343-6715 if you have questions about alternate-stop locations.
For further information about Consolidated Stops for the 2015-2016 school year, please click here.
Important Opening of Schools Information - Key Dates in Relation to Bus Schedules. Select this link to see the key dates for transportation services.
Our Mission Statement and Vision
"To continuously enhance the CMS learning environment by providing leading edge services that support academic achievement."
“To relentlessly provide services and facilities where students and staff can be safe and successful.”
CMS transportation department employs over 1,450 staff members to support transportation of CMS students. Our transportation services consists of an operations division which supports 14 transportation areas, a full turn key maintenance division, a safety and training operation, a routing and scheduling division and central office support staff.
Did You Know...
- Nationally school buses travel approximately 4.3 billion miles per year. With a fatality rate of 0.02 per 100,000,000 passenger miles, school buses are the safest form of ground transportation in the U.S.
- For the beginning of the 2014-15 school year, CMS Transportation has distributed bus schedules for an estimated 125,800 students to and from school daily, on 1,020 school buses. CMS buses will stop at approximately 24,000 bus stops. CMS Transportation will travel approximately 105,000 miles each day within 546 square miles in Mecklenburg County.
- CMS has the largest public school transportation operation in the North Carolina.
- CMS Transportation is ranked the 10th largest student transportation operations in the nation.
- School buses must stop at all railroad crossings.
- School buses can not turn right on red.
- The maximum speed limit for yellow school buses is 45 mph, or in accordance with the posted speed limit.