Cigna Dental Program
Cigna is the new dental carrier. Employees must have selected a new dental plan during Annual Enrollment in order to have dental coverage beyond June 30, 2011. Three plans are available. One is a new plan type, a Dental HMO, and the other two options are dental PPOs.
Below is a chart of the dental monthly rates effective July 1, 2013, shown on a 12-month basis.
|July 2013 - Dec 2013 Dental Rates*|
||Basic Plan PPO
||Enhanced Plan PPO|
|Employee + Spouse
|Employee + Child(ren)
* Rates includes dental COBRA vendor administration fee.
Please review plan documentation.
Finding a Network Dentist
To search for a network dentist, follow these steps:
- At www.cigna.com, select the Provider Directory link.
- Select Dentist as the type of provider.
- Select or enter your search parameters for type of dentist, location, search radius, etc.
- Choose CIGNA Dental Care (HMO) - Dental Care Network for the DHMO plan network or CORE Network for the PPO plan network.
CMS is part of the CIGNA Core network. When searching for a provider, please select the Core network.
Customer Service Hotline
Cigna has established a help line that's available prior to July 1 if you have questions. Call them at 1-800-CIGNA24 (1-800-244-6224). A customer service representative can help:
- Answer questions about each of the plan options.
- Answer questions about choosing between the DHMO or a PPO option (for new hires).
- Answer specific benefit questions that may not be available in the information already provided.
- Assist with finding participating network providers in the PPO or DHMO.