All permanent employees who work at least 20 hours a week are eligible to enroll in benefits. Permanent employees who work at least 30 hours per week are eligible to receive employer paid medical benefits and basic life insurance for themselves.
Employees must enroll in the benefits to be covered.
If you are eligible to participate in the benefits offered through CMS, your eligible dependents may also participate. Proof of dependent status for newly enrolled dependents is required.**
Your eligible dependents include:
- Your legal spouse
- Your unmarried children* who are:
- less than 19 years old,
- 19 or more years old, but less than 26 years old, enrolled in school as a full-time student and supported primarily by you, or
- 19 or more years old and incapable of self-sustaining employment by reason of mental or physical disability.
*Children include children born to you, legally adopted, stepchildren who reside with the employee, children for whom you are the legal guardian, and children you support as a result of a valid court order.
**The following documents may be used to prove dependent status:
- Marriage Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Court Documents of :
- Other court order of dependent status
- Other court order requiring benefit coverage