SnowFlakeCMS closed for students, Code A: Optional Teacher Workday beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 19Click to Read Update
Student Records
Student Records

Current Student Records Request

If you are currently attending a CMS high school and would like to send your transcript to a college and/or university in North Carolina for free, please click here to access College Foundation of North Carolina

For all other requests, please click here

*Current students will receive their first three (3) documents for free and $6.00 per copy thereafter. 



Former Student Records Request Information


You may request records in person at:

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools 
4335 Stuart Andrew Boulevard
Charlotte, N.C. 28217
Business Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Walk-In Hours: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
You must bring a picture ID.  We accept cash only.  Records will only be released to the individual that the records belong to or to the parent or legal guardian of students under the age of 18.

You may request records online:

Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools offers an online secure and convenient way to request and receive student records.  There is a $10 fee for each requested document. 

Documents that may be requested include:
  1. Certified transcripts
  2. Documentation in order to obtain ID, passport, birth date or tax verification
  3. Immunization records for students who graduated after 1982

Simply click on the link below.

Online Student Records Request Form

Upon submission of your request, CMS Records Department will retrieve and mail the record(s) to  the address(es) designated on your form.  Once mailed, your payment will be processed and you will receive an email confirmation and receipt.  In the interest of security, and expedited service, phone and fax requests will no longer be accepted.  


Request for a student's complete record or for documents other than transcripts, immunization or ID verification must be submitted by mail to: 

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools 
Attn: Student Records
4335 Stuart Andrew Boulevard
Charlotte, N.C. 28217


There is a $35 processing fee per record.  Please allow up to 4 weeks for processing.



Records Requests from K-12 School Districts


Email all records requests to Click on the link below for the CMS Student Records Request form.  

 CMS Student Records Request



We cannot provide replacement diplomas.  To obtain a replacement diploma, you must send an official transcript and $60 check or money order to:

Herff Jones Company
7316-D Wallace Road
Charlotte, NC 28212 
or call 704-531-0015


SAT/ACT Scores

We cannot provide copies of your SAT/ACT scores.  For copies, contact the test provider.