United States Department of Education
United States Department of Education General Policies and Guidelines
National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations
Preliminary SAT (PSAT)
SAT Reasoning Test (SAT)
Norm-Referenced Achievement Test
Standards for Educational Testing
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI)
Testing Code of Ethics
If the data you need is not available in any of the above resources you may be able to submit a data request.
Requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis and must support the achievement of the district’s eight goals:
- Goal 1 Accelerate academic achievement for every child and close achievement gaps so every child graduates college-or career-ready.
- Goal 2 Ensure an effective teacher in every class is led by an effective principal in every school served by quality support staff.
- Goal 3 Cultivate innovative partnerships with parents, caregivers and the community to provide a sustainable system of support for every child.
- Goal 4 Nurture a culture of high engagement, customer service and cultural competency.
- Goal 5 Maximize performance utilizing data-informed and evidence-based decision-making.
- Goal 6 Strengthen and expand educational choices for students to drive learning, creativity innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Goal 7 Increase technology access and integration to support inspired learning and teaching.
- Goal 8 Communicate proactively and transparently to strengthen public trust and establish CMS as the premier K-12 district.
More information on submitting a data request
If your data request is for a research study you must complete the research application process. If your proposal is approved, you may submit an external data request. Information on the research application process can be found on our Outside Research Projects Page
All other data requests must meet the following criteria:
- Request is from a CMS employee/CMS Community Partner and/or for purposes that align with the CMS goals and priorities.
- Requests must be able to be completed in a reasonable time frame.
Click here to access the External Data Request Form