"Helping Achieve the CMS Vision: Equity and Student Success"
joyous learning.every child.anywhere.anytime
The Curriculum and Instruction Department (C and I) is a part of the Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools Education Services Division.
In addition, C and I staff are responsible for specific curriculum areas, such as mathematics, language arts, etc. For your convenience, separate web pages are designed by curriculum area; if you have a specific question regarding elementary, middle or high schools, you can send us your question via (email).
Our mission is to maintain effective partnerships to build capacity in schools so that all students achieve at or above grade level. We accomplish this mission by:
- Creating an inviting work environment where people are productive and want to be.
- Developing relationships that ensure student success.
- Ensuring consistency, efficiency and effectiveness of C and I products, services and
- Providing documents to clarify state and local curriculum.
- Identifying best teaching practices and providing purposeful professional development to
school-based instructional leaders.
- Delivering resources and services that schools need for student achievement.