Click here for information regarding exam fees 2012-2013
Click here to pay for AP or IB exam fees online
CMS Webpay parent Statement notification: Please note that if you pay for CMS Exam Fees online, the payment will appear on your statement as below: “EDU Resources” * CMS Credit Card & Debit Card Payments are processed by EasyDraft located in Charlotte, NC and this is a reference to that company*
In Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, we firmly believe that setting high standards for all students creates a greater opportunity for future success. We are committed to providing the support necessary to help every student succeed at high levels. Here are a couple of examples of how we are using the College Board's Advanced Placement Program to make that happen:
Equal Access to Academic Rigor
All CMS students who are prepared and willing to accept the challenge of a rigorous academic curriculum can enroll in Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
CMS offers the following AP courses:
- Art History
- Calculus AB/BC
- Computer Science
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- Environmental Science
- European History
- French Language
- German Language
- Government and Politics: Comparative
- Government and Politics: United States
- Human Geography
- Japanese Language and Culture
- Latin Literature
- Music Theory
- Spanish Language
- Spanish Literature
- Studio Art: 2-D Design
- Studio Art: 3-D Design
- Studio Art: Drawing
- United States History
- World History
Achieving Great Results
- AP enrollment has increased from 4,079 in 1995-1996 to 13,080 in 2010-2011.
- CMS has increased the number of exams taken from 2,200 in 1995-1996 to 9,526 in 2010-2011.
- In 2011, CMS students earned a score of 3 or better on 64% of AP exams.
- All CMS AP courses participate in the College Board's audit process to ensure rigorous college-level content and pedagogy.