2012-13 Free and Reduced Meal Application
What does the Free and Reduced program offer?
The program offers free or discounted breakfast and lunch to those who are eligible. Other benefits of being eligible for meal benefits are fee waivers for athletic participation, College Entrance Exam (SAT), and for application at many colleges and universities*
*To be considered for a fee waiver, a copy of the eligibility letter mailed to households must be presented.
How does a person or family qualify for benefits?
The first step is to fill out an Application for Free or Reduced Meals. Based on income a family may qualify using several factors, including household income, number of persons living in the household, and whether the family is currently receiving Food and Nutrition Services (formerly Foods Stamps), or TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) benefits.
How to apply
There are several avenues for getting an application.
- Applications were mailed to all student households in US Mail on August 1st
- Apply Online by clicking the link at the top of this page (generally this option results in quicker processing).
- Your school office has a supply of meal applications
- Visit the Child Nutrition office to complete an application
- Click here for a printable version of the application
Contact the Child Nutrition office at 980-343-6041 if you need assistance.