Health Services: Preventive services, education, emergency care, referrals, and management of acute and chronic health problems – designed to prevent health problems and injuries and ensure care for students;
"Keeping Our Students Fit, Healthy and Ready to Learn"
- Minimize or eliminate health problems that impede learning.
- Reduce the incidence of health related problems in order to maximize the quantity and quality of class time.
- Support school staff in safe administration of medications in school.
- Ensure compliance with state mandates for immunizations and physical exams required for school entry and attendance.
- Increase the school community’s knowledge and behaviors in positive health, mental health, physical activity, and safety and nutrition practices.
School nurses are provided by Mecklenburg County Health Dept. School Health through an agreement with CMS, and provide a broad range of care and services to students, staff, and families in the community.