The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education 2011 Legislative Agenda
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education hereby adopts as its legislative priorities and requests that the North Carolina legislature take action on the following items:
1. Providing adequate funding and budget flexibility to local school districts.
2. Elevating and enhancing the teaching profession through reforms in evaluation, compensation and career status.
3. Providing flexibility to local school districts in reforming low-performing schools.
4. Provide flexibility to local school districts with regard to establishing school calendars best-suited for their local environments.
5. Providing taxing authority for local school districts.
Use the above web page to find out who represents you.