Inclement Weather Guidelines for Parent University Classes
· If school is cancelled due to inclement weather, Parent University classes scheduled for that day (morning, during the day, or evening classes) will be cancelled.
· If after school activities are cancelled for inclement weather, Parent University classes scheduled for the evening will be cancelled as well.
· If weekend activities in schools are cancelled due to inclement weather, Parent University classes or activities will be cancelled as well.
· Procedures for communication regarding cancellation of classes:
- Parent University staff - Claudia Ollivierre (1st point of contact) or Fahnie Shaw (backup) - will notify parents who registered for classes online that the class has been cancelled (by email or phone call – based on information we have in our system). Claudia will also notify the presenter of the class.
- Notification will be placed on the CMS Parent University website
- Communication will be sent to the Communications Department to include in their announcements and listings
- School will be asked to post a sign at the school, if possible, indicating that the class has been cancelled. School will also be asked to do a Connect-Ed message, if possible, and to include something on their school website page. (Family and Community Services specialist for that school will contact the school to ensure all possible means of communication are covered.)
-All procedures regarding how cancellations will be communicated will be sent out in advance (to schools, posted on Parent University website, included in Parent University e-newsletter, included in DirectLine, etc).