Student Placement
Transfer Appeals

Appeal of Denied Transfer Request

If your transfer request is denied, you may request that the Superintendent's designee reconsider this decision. In order to request reconsideration by the Superintendent's designee you must:

Within five working days of receiving your letter, notify the Student Placement Office in writing that you want the Superintendent designee to review the Student Placement Office’s denial of your transfer request.    

This notice must include:
All the reasons you believe the Student Placement Office’s decision should be reversed by the Superintendent designee. 

1. These reasons should include, the specific ways that you believe the Student Placement Office’s decision violates:

  • North Carolina or federal law; or
  • A North Carolina Board of Education policy; or
  • A CMS Board policy.


2. Copies of documents or other written information that supports one of the above reasons. 

Submit the written notice and documentation by mail, fax or in person to the Student Placement Office.

The Superintendent's designee will review the Student Placement Office’s decision and notify you by mail of the decision. 

P.O. Box 30035
Charlotte, NC 28230-0035
Phone: 980-343-3000
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools website ( is in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any website accessibility concerns may be brought via the following, Email the Web Accessibility Team at WebAccessibility or Call: 980.343.0115. In compliance with Federal Law, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools administers all education programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or disability. Inquiries regarding compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs or activities, may be referred to the District's Title IX Coordinator at titleixcoordinator or to the Office for Civil Rights, United States Department of Education.