Multiple criteria are used in order to identify students as gifted in CMS. Students have the opportunity to identify as Academically Intellectually Gifted (AIG), Intellectually Gifted (IG), Academically Gifted (AG), Academically Gifted-Math (AM), or Academically Gifted-Reading (AR). Identification is guided by the CMS Gifted Identification Rubric (available for download below).
● Student accumulates a minimum of 12 points through…
○ Aptitude testing ○ Aptitude and achievement testing○ Aptitude testing and GRS percentiles
○ Aptitude testing
○ Aptitude and achievement testing
○ Aptitude testing and GRS percentiles
○ Aptitude, achievement, and GRS percentiles
○ Achievement testing and GRS percentiles