How do I do business with CMS?

a. If you are interested in working directly with schools & departments please review the “Doing Business with CMS – A Guide to Vendors” via the following link:   Procurement Services  

Additionally, please register and request notifications from the NC Interactive Purchasing System (NCIPS).  You will receive notification and information about upcoming opportunities for providing good and services.  Registration can be completed via the following link:   NCIPS Registration 

b. If you are interested in working with Capital Programs on construction projects please click the following link:  How to do Business with CMS 

Additional information can also be found on the CMS Construction website: CMS Construction 

How can I find out about upcoming formal bid opportunities?
Upcoming formal bid opportunities for construction related projects are available on the CMS Construction website or advertised under the legal section of the local newspaper. All other formal bid opportunities are available on the North Carolina Interactive Purchasing System.

How can I find out about upcoming informal bid opportunities?
Contact the MWSBE office at 980-343-8638.  

How can I get a list of commodities that are purchased?
Procurement Services provides a list of commodities and buyers via the following link:
 Who Buys What?

Do MWSBE firms have to be certified?
Certification is not a requirement for vendors seeking to do business with the school system; however, only certified MWSBE firms will be credited toward the aspirational goals established by the school system.  Firms may be certified by any governmental, private or public certifying agency.  If your company is interested in becoming certified, please contact either of the following agencies:

Minority or Woman-Owned certification

Small Business certification

Does Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools use state term contracts?
Schools systems are no longer required to purchase off of state term contracts; however, it is the preferred method of procuring large items or large quantities of items which have already been competitively bid.

Does Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools outsource custodial services?
Currently, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools does not outsource services; however, the Custodial Services Department maintains a list of emergency response vendors. For more information contact the Custodial Services Department at 980-343-6851.

What is your payment policy?
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools’ payment policy is net thirty after receipt of an approved invoice.

P.O. Box 30035
Charlotte, NC 28230-0035
Phone: 980-343-3000
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools website ( is in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any website accessibility concerns may be brought via the following, Email the Web Accessibility Team at WebAccessibility or Call: 980.343.0115. In compliance with Federal Law, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools administers all education programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or disability. Inquiries regarding compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs or activities, may be referred to the District's Title IX Coordinator at titleixcoordinator or to the Office for Civil Rights, United States Department of Education.