School Nutrition Services
Special Diets
All requests for special nutritional needs must be submitted to School Nutrition Services on a CMS Diet Order Form with a signature from a licensed medical doctor (MD) or a recognized medical authority.

Forms must be submitted each time a student's diagnosis or change of treatment is indicated during the school year.  A current CMS Diet Order form is now available by clicking on the link below. You can also obtain a copy from your cafeteria manager.  Incomplete forms cannot be processed and will be returned to the parent/guardian for completion. 

Upon receipt of each completed form, School Nutrition will modify menus and instruct cafeteria managers in regards to each special diet. A registered dietitian on staff supervises the management of all special nutritional needs. Parents are encouraged to review with their child appropriate food choices from the menu.



Families desiring to manage diabetes, food allergies, etc., without submitting a diet order form, may view information regarding nutrition, carbohydrate content and major food allergies by visiting the Menus, Carbohydrates and Allergens link on the left.
CMS School Nutrition does not purchase or serve peanuts or peanut containing products; therefore, a diet order form only specifying a peanut allergy is not needed.
If you have questions or concerns about our program, please feel free to call the School Nutrition Services weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at (980) 344-0242 or (980)344-0210.

Food Items Containing: BeefGelatin, Nuts, Pork 

Carb and Allergens

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

(1)      mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or 

(3)        email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Visit us on the web at All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.

P.O. Box 30035
Charlotte, NC 28230-0035
Phone: 980-343-3000
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools website ( is in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any website accessibility concerns may be brought via the following, Email the Web Accessibility Team at WebAccessibility or Call: 980.343.0115. In compliance with Federal Law, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools administers all education programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or disability. Inquiries regarding compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs or activities, may be referred to the District's Title IX Coordinator at titleixcoordinator or to the Office for Civil Rights, United States Department of Education.